Wednesday 27 March 2013

Interview Outfit

Just a quick post to show you all what I wore to my Ravensbourne interview today. I'm applying to do a fashion design course so I wanted to make sure my outfit stood out a little bit! (I'll apologise now for the really awful quality of the photos, as you can imagine i was in a big rush before the interview so i asked my mum to quickly take some photos of me on my phone! Sorry!)



I decided to wear a black lace midi length dress as I thought it would look quite professional for my interview, this dress was my latest purchase from a local charity shop. The lace is quite a unique design and I love the scalloped edges on the sleeves and hem (You can't see it too well in my photos, sorry!) I teamed it with a pair of platformed Chelsea boots from h&m (see earlier post) to add something more current into my outfit.  



I kept to the black theme by adding one of my favourite black Jackets which  got for an absolute bargain in Primark a couple of years ago, only £10 on sale! (I changed the buttons on it to give it my own  unique twist, which only cost me a few pounds more!)

I wore my hair up in a bun using a hair donut with a bow tie around it to make it a bit more exciting, and my makeup was quite neutral as I didn't want to look as though I was heading for a night out! I kept makeup minimal apart from blended shades of gold eye shaddow on my eye lids.

Have any of you had any interviews? Hope they go/are going well for you!

5 comments:

  1. I love this lace dress! Your look is perfect for a creative interview. I see girls interviewing in short, bodycon skirts all the time and I just shudder; someone should've told them to cover up!

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thank you so much! I felt a bit out of place when everyone else turned up in jeans and baggy jumpers though! hahaha xxxx

      Delete
  2. love your blog
    followed
    www.thekaybook.com
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful dress for an interview gorgeous yet sober.... :)
    http://dudekgmc.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete